Direct Support Professional $500 Hire Bonus
Company: Spectrum Community Services
Location: Benton Harbor
Posted on: November 24, 2022
$500 Sign On Bonus after 3 months of employment!! Limited time
Explore your passion GENERAL STATEMENT OF RESPONSIBILITIES Provides
direct support in activities of daily living, as outlined in the
individual's Person-Centered Plans. Provides support in a manner
that promotes growth, health, community involvement, safety,
dignity, and respect for individuals. Collaborates and communicates
with co-workers and individuals' support team to promote a positive
and productive working environment. Contributes to the day-to-day
operation of the home, in a safe and cost-efficient manner.
Identifies opportunities for improvement and actively participates
in their implementation. Supports culturally competent
recovery-based practices and person-centered planning as a shared
decision-making process. QUALIFICATIONS
- Education/ Experience:
- Ability to complete all training required for the
- Eighteen (18) years of age
- Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing in a clear,
- The ability to interact with people in a positive and
- Life experiences with diverse racial, ethnic, and cultural
backgrounds, including experience with behavioral health issues,
- Must support a trauma informed culture of safety to aid
consumers in their recovery process.
- Completion of the personnel hiring requirements specified in
the conditional job offer at the time of hire.
- Three references deemed acceptable to Spectrum
- Current valid driver's license. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide support in all areas of daily living as needed by
individuals. This may include lifting individuals, assisting in
transferring, and moving wheelchairs.
- Support individuals in obtaining the goals they have envisioned
and outlined in their Person-Centered Plan.
- Enhance individual participation and involvement in his/her
community. This may include driving/transportation.
- Where assistance is requested/required, support individuals in
making choices, advocate for him/her in areas of needs and
- Assist individuals in developing new relationships and
supporting existing relationships.
- Interacts and communicates in a manner that is respectful
toward all individuals.
- Creates an environment and conducts activities in a manner that
ensures the health and safety of individuals.
- Develops and uses effective communication with each individual
using a style suited to the individual.
- Communicate positively and productively at all times with
co-workers, families/guardians, and the public.
- Provide a positive role model for individuals, and co-workers
while in the community.
- Support co-workers and actively participates in the team
process, both base program and other programs.
- Provides complete, accurate, and timely documentation.
- Performs tasks that contribute to the day-to-day operation of
the home (such as cooking, cleaning, laundry, shopping.)
- Performs tasks in accordance with Spectrum Community Services
Policies and Procedures and that of other regulatory bodies, (CMH,
CARF, AFC Licensing Recipient Rights, etc.)
- Maintains home and vehicle safety. Fixes or notifies someone,
i.e., the supervisor of any safety or maintenance issues.
- Safely provides transportation for consumer using agency
vehicles. Safely operates vehicles and equipment at all times.
- Actively participates in SCS Quality Improvement Plans and
- Identifies areas for improvement and helps make the
- Actively participates in staff and team meetings and all
trainings (both required by position and voluntary).
- All other duties as assigned. PI197005136
Keywords: Spectrum Community Services, South Bend , Direct Support Professional $500 Hire Bonus, Other , Benton Harbor, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!