Day Camp Staff Positions - Girl Scouts
Company: Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana
Posted on: November 25, 2022
If making an impact on the lives of young people helps get you
out of bed in the morning, join our Summer Camp Staff for a
challenging and rewarding experience of helping girls grow
confidence, character, and courage. - As a Camp Staffer, you will
provide a blend of leadership, instruction, mentorship, and
inspiration to campers while guiding them and sharing the joys and
adventure of summer camp and program activities.
In addition, you will gain experience in curriculum facilitation,
behavior management, effective communication, team building, risk
management, child development, cooperative problem solving, and
leadership. Depending on your role at camp, you may earn
certifications for archery, low ropes, or climbing. Already
certified? Even better, you might qualify for additional pay! No
Girl Scout experience, not a problem! We are excited to diversify
our staff to ensure representation for our campers. Our day camp is
located in northeast Indiana. Camp Agnes S. McMillen is 103 acres
just outside of Fort Wayne in Huntertown. We will be hosting 2
weeks of day camp programming during June 12-23 for girls in
kindergarten through fifth grade. This is a great opportunity for
those looking for a fun, summer camp experience, but do not want to
give up their whole summer. Plus, you can sleep in your own bed!
This is seasonal summer employment. Must be 18 years old by June
1st. Essential Duties:
- Implement the national program portfolio, while focusing on a
girl-led experiences for your unit.
- Facilitate and assist with girl experience activities, which
may include STEM, outdoor adventures course, and other arts and
- Build relationships in the unit and help the unit to become an
effective group where each member is respected and heard. -
- Identify group or individual problems and work with the girls
to solve them.
- Be aware of the ongoing medical needs of campers and act on
- Know, follow, and respect personnel policies as well as
GSUSA/GSNI-M, ACA and camp guidelines.
- Instruct activities to help girls build their skill set and
- Function as an effective member of the camp staff
- Serve as a role model and guiding campers in appropriate
behaviors, language, attitudes, and activities.
- Participate in pre and post camp activities, including required
pre-camp training. Staff training starts June 5.
- Complete assigned paperwork promptly and accurately. Complete
end-of-session and end-of-season procedures and reports.
- Other duties as assigned to meet the Council's goals.
- Assistant Camp Director
- Health Center Manager
- Unit CounselorsAll applicants for employment at GSNI-M are
required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to
commencing employment. Applicants who receive a conditional offer
of employment will be required to produce proof of vaccination
status prior to their first day of employment. -
Equal Opportunity Employer Committed to Diversity
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana, South Bend , Day Camp Staff Positions - Girl Scouts, Other , Syracuse, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!