Maker, Tool and Die
Company: Southwire Company, LLC
Posted on: January 22, 2023
A leader in technology and innovation, Southwire Company, LLC is
one of North America's largest wire and cable producers. Southwire
and its subsidiaries manufacture building wire and cable,
metal-clad cable, portable and electronic cord products, OEM wire
products and engineered products. In addition, Southwire supplies
assembled products, contractor equipment, hand tools and jobsite
power and lighting solutions. We are proud to offer competitive
compensation, employee benefits, tuition reimbursement and
unlimited growth opportunities. Our more than seven decades of
progressive growth can be attributed to our commitment to
delivering quality and service to our customers, exercising
environmental stewardship, enhancing the well-being of our
employees and giving back to the communities in which we work and
live. How will you power what's possible?Location:BREMENEASTShift:
4:00 pm to 2:00 am - Monday through ThursdayStarting Pay
Rate:$19.70Job DescriptionSummary Analyzes specifications, lays out
metal stock, sets up and operates machine tools, and fits and
assembles parts to fabricate and repair metalworking dies, cutting
tools, jigs and fixtures, gauges, and machinists' hand tools by
performing the following duties.Essential Duties and
Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be
- Use a variety of shop measuring equipment such as dial
indicators, calipers, micrometers, thickness gauges, etc. in the
performance of tool making.
- Sets up and operates machine tools such as lathes, milling
machines, and grinders to machine parts. Verifies the conformance
of machined parts to specifications.
- Examines standard or previously used dies, tools and jigs and
fixtures, and recommends design modifications regarding
construction and function of part.
- To build new and/or replacement tools and dies for production
use as required or internally capable.
- Ensure timely completion of repairs, new dies, tooling,
fixtures etc. as required so production is not interrupted.
- Provide assistance, guidance and advice to junior Tool & Die
Makers and Apprentices as required.
- Ensures preventative maintenance program are done on tools and
dies based on assigned schedules.
- Perform other duties as required.Qualifications To perform this
job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each
essential duty satisfactorily.
- Tool & Die Maker certificate and/or equivalent 5 years of
related work experience.
- Thorough knowledge of blue print reading and
- Ability to operate machining equipment with advanced level of
skill and knowledge.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Possess good mathematical and mechanical aptitude.
- Must be able to work independently without supervision and
minimum direction.Physical Demands The physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; use hands and fingers to handle, manipulate, grasp, and/or
feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is
frequently required to walk. The employee is occasionally required
to sit; balance and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must
regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds, occasionally lift and/or move up to 50
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include
close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.Work
Environment The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this Job, the
employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The
employee is occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles;
extreme cold; extreme heat; risk of electrical shock and vibration.
The noise level in the work environment is usually
moderate.Benefits We Offer:
- 401k with Matching & Pension Plan (Eligible for Pension after
1,000 Hours Worked)
- Family and Individual Insurance Packages (Health, Life, Dental,
- Paid Time Off & Paid Holidays
- Long & Short-Term Disability
- Supplemental Insurance Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Referral Program
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs
- Advancement & Professional Growth opportunities
- Parental Leave
- & MoreSouthwire is an equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Southwire Company, LLC, South Bend , Maker, Tool and Die, Other , Bremen, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!