Groundperson - NTS
Company: Utilities Service, LLC
Location: South Bend
Posted on: January 22, 2023
Job Title: GroundpersonThe groundperson is responsible for
gathering and feeding brush & debris into a woodchipper, scanning
areas from trip and fall hazards, ensuring other workers stay out
of the path of travel. This position is also responsible for
maintaining equipment and materials.Nelson Tree Service provides
utility companies with line clearance services, upholding a
commitment to the highest standards of performance and
professionalism. If this sounds like you apply today!Nelson crews
are widely heralded as among the most well-trained vegetation
management specialists in the United States. At every level,
Nelsons leaders and employees know there is more to line clearance
than trimming treestheres that whole matter of reputation.Job Type
: Full-Time +, Non-ExemptPay : Competitive, HourlyBenefits:
- Benefits Available and Vary per position and locationEssential
Functions & Responsibilities:
- Operate chainsaw to cut brush, logs and stumps of larger
- Drag, gather, and feed brush into wood chipper.
- Services vehicles and equipment, maintaining them in neat,
clean, and specified mechanical order.Minimum Qualifications:
- Must be 18 years-of-age or older.Education & Experience
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Entry-level position, no experience required.
- Previous experience a plus.Pre-Screen
- Upon offer, employees may be required to subject and pass a
pre-employment drug screen, background and/or MVR check.License &
- Driver's License Preferred, but not requiredPhysical
- RARE (less than 10%): Sitting, Crawling, Climbing Poles, Color
Vision, Climbing Ladders, Climbing Stairs
- OCCASSIONAL (up to 33%): stooping, kneeling squatting, body
twisting, sense of touch, climbing on/off truck, gripping, lifting
over 10 lbs. to 50 lbs., reaching, lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, climbing ladders, balancing, lifting over 50 lbs.
- FREQUENT (up to 66%): standing, walking, manual dexterity,
seeing distant, seeing, reading, range of motion, hearing-speech
range, depth perception, climbing stairs, lifting up to 10
- CONTINUOUS (up to 100%): Sense of Touch, Gripping, Seeing,
Carrying, PullingSafetyDue to the inherently dangerous nature of
the industry and requirements to work with or around hazardous
equipment, employees must have sufficient eyesight to judge
distance/coordination of equipment and tools, be able to maintain
attention and concentration for extended periods of time, be able
to withstand exposure to all kinds of weather while completing work
assignments, be able to wear personal protective equipment as
necessary, be able to enter and exit a vehicle numerous times a
day, have the endurance necessary to traverse various terrain, be
capable of performing job duties throughout a standard 8- or
10-hour day, be able to communicate with others, read, write, and
comprehend written/verbal job instructions and information, and
communicate and handle conflict professionally.
- Works around hazardous equipment.
- Works around excessive noise from machines, chain saws, and
wood chippers, with hearing protection.
- Works in all temperatures and weather and will be exposed to
nature, i.e., irritating plants, biting or stinging insects, dust,
- Works on unlevel ground.
- Works around falling limbs with protection.About Us:At Nelson
Tree Service, we protect the reputations of the utilities we serve.
It is a defining component of our work, as we are the ambassadors
for the utilities that entrust us with their vegetation management
needs.We know what it takes to ensure a successful outcome in any
line clearance process. Property owners must be informed about the
work, and our crews must operate at maximum efficiency while
maintaining the highest levels of safety and quality.Nelson
personnel are provided with comprehensive customer service training
and a positive work environment, which ultimately sustains our
culture of excellence.Individuals must be able to perform the
essential functions of the position with or without reasonable
accommodation. Individuals with a disability who desire a
reasonable accommodation should contact the ADA Coordinator at
1-800-248-8733, ext. 1339.An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: Utilities Service, LLC, South Bend , Groundperson - NTS, Other , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!