Company: ITR Concession Co LLC
Location: La Porte
Posted on: January 25, 2023
The Equipment Operator/ Laborer receives detailed instructions
before and during work to perform a variety of highway maintenance
duties. Caution must be exercised in operating highway maintenance
equipment in order to prevent damage to equipment or injury to
employees and the motoring public.
- Works either independently or with a crew of employees.
- Frequent contact with the motoring public, Indiana State Police
and other ITR department personnel.
- Performs all tasks safely, complies with all internal and
external safety requirements, supports ITRCC safety culture,
attends all safety trainings and completes all compliance trainings
as required by ITRCC.
- Uphold ITRCC's core values: Customer Service, Respect,
Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork (CREST).
- Operates various types of equipment requiring moderate
training; examples include but are not limited to: trucks that may
be equipped with abrasive spreader, tar distributor or bucket
truck, tractors that may be equipped with mowers, scrapers,
spreaders, sweepers or loaders, bush hogs, trenchers, post drivers,
jack hammers, portable pavement marking machines and tar kettle,
street sweepers and earth saws.
- Mows grass along road shoulder and right of way.
- Trims around hedges and signs and cuts down and removes dead
- Assists in performing various winter maintenance activities,
such as operating and maintaining snow and ice removal equipment
including but not limited to changing plow blades, changing wiper
blades, preventative maintenance greasing of friction points,
adding fluids, changing tires and other maintenance items
associated with operating a plow vehicle.
- Installing and maintaining signs, guardrail, fence, and other
related functions that are assigned and carried out.
- Patches, chips, seals and blacktop's roads.
- Assisting other departments in functions as needed for general
upkeep and safety related tasks
- Loads and dumps crushed stone, sand, and salt and other various
materials from trucks.
- Aids in cleaning highway after accident and removes trash from
- Obey all safety policies and procedure guidelines.
- Perform patrolling duties as assigned.
- Ensure proper care and cleaning of equipment as instructed by
- Cleans storm drains, sewers, bridge decks, piers, and
- Subject to twenty-four-(24) hour call.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular reliable attendance.
- High school diploma/ GED
- Ability to use various hand tools and materials used in highway
- Ability to operate a variety of highway maintenance equipment
ranging from small power tools to large vehicular equipment
requiring moderate training
- Knowledge of traffic laws that apply to light and heavy
- Ability to follow instructions
- Must possess and maintain a valid Commercial Driver's License
(CDL) with air-brake and tanker endorsement
- Must be able to lift a minimum of 50lbs on a routine basis.
Lifting may reach and exceed 100lbs at times
- 1-2 years experience with common equipment used in highway
- Previous snow plow experience
- Working knowledge of highway maintenance practices
- This position requires: (Frequent est. 5 hrs per shift)
- Frequent Standing, Walking and Sitting.
- Frequent Talking and Hearing.
- Heavy Physical Effort.
- Moderate Computer Usage.
- Travel Time Required Up to 20%
Keywords: ITR Concession Co LLC, South Bend , Equipment Operator/Laborer, Other , La Porte, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!