Day Center Aide
Company: Pace of Southwest Michigan
Location: Saint Joseph
Posted on: January 25, 2023
We are seeking experienced Day Center Aides to add to our growing
team - Full Time Hours or Part Time Hours to join our team!
Apply today with PACE of Southwest Michigan!
We offer a competitive salary and benefit package, that includes
medical, dental, 403B, PTO, holidays off (w/pay) and a M-F,
8a-4:30p work schedule. PACE, which stands for Program for
All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly, is a unique option for older
adults who wish to remain in their home as they age. Our goal is to
provide senior community members with the care, medical treatment
and support they need to achieve the highest quality of life.
We are actively recruiting for Day Center Aides to work with our
Day Center team. This position requires a dynamic individual, who
enjoys working in an environment that encourages developing
relationships with our participants and their caregivers, where a
team focused approach to care is the cornerstone of our
NOW OFFERING up to $2,000 SIGN-ON BONUS FOR Day Center Aides.
(Speak with HR for bonus details)
Responsible for engaging PACE participants in daily activities and
providing close monitoring of the Day Center.
- Assists with engaging Participants in activities which match
their cognitive and functional ability
- Provides visual observation of PACE participants within assigned
- Observant of the participants' activity and behavior and
communicates on a regular basis with DCS
- Provides for participant comfort, safety, and satisfaction
- Assist with serving meals and snacks
- Assist with participant COVID screening process
- Obtain and enter participant weights in EMR
- Assist in maintaining kitchen cleanliness and inventory
- Communicates effectively with participants and staff
- Clean facility equipment and maintains a clean facility
- Adheres to written activity calendar and duty chart as assigned
by the DCS
- Assists in preparing and gathering participants for all activity
and social programs
- Active participation in Quality Improvement Processes
- Abides by all established PACE of Southwest Michigan policies,
rules and regulations
- All other duties as assigned
Education: High School Diploma or equivalent required
Experience: Minimum of one (1) year experience with the frail and
Number/Type of Employees Supervised: None
Licensure, Registry, or Certification Required: Valid MI Driver's
License preferred; Possess current CPR certification by AHA and
Serve Safe Certification or willing and able to obtain as offered
by PACE of Southwest Michigan
Special Training: Only acts within scope of practice. Meet a
standardized set of orientation and/or individual competencies for
the specific position description established by PACE of Southwest
Michigan, and approved by CMS before working independently.
Immunizations: Be medically cleared for communicable diseases and
have all immunizations up to date before engaging in direct
Specific Requirements and Considerations: May be subject to
exposure and handling of infectious waste, diseases, conditions or
hazardous chemicals, etc., including potential exposure to TB,
AIDS, and/or Hepatitis B.
Ages of Patients Rendered Care: Adult, Geriatric
Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent attention to details
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible work schedule
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to
sit and use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools or
controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The employee must be able to travel in all kinds of weather.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required
to frequently move up to 50 pounds and perform physical demands
expected while providing medical care for an elderly population.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision and the ability to focus.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of
this position. However, this in no way states or implies that these
are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission
of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the
position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential
function of the position.
Keywords: Pace of Southwest Michigan, South Bend , Day Center Aide, Other , Saint Joseph, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!