Crisis Support Staff Saturday and Sunday 2-10pm
Company: YWCA North Central Indiana
Location: South Bend
Posted on: May 19, 2023
Do you want a career that makes a difference? As the YWCA North Central Indiana's
Crisis Support Staff, you can help change the world for women and children in
our community who are striving for better lives. YWCANCIN is the leading emergency shelter
provider and services to domestic violence and sexual assault victims. Our programs help victims
survive abuse and build safer, happier healthier futures. We would love for you to be a part of our
incredible team that makes a difference in thousands of people's lives each year.
Part Time, 16 hours, Every Weekend 2pm-10pm (includes holidays), can pick up additional hours as department needs throughout week
Responsible for maintaining security of building, answering crisis calls and determining eligibility for services, information and referral for telephone callers and residents, and communication of information concerning client matters to appropriate staff.
1. Reporting Relationship
The Crisis Desk Specialist reports to the Elkhart Shelter Manager.
The Crisis Desk Specialist has no supervisory responsibilities.
3. Responsibilities and Essential Functions
* Conducts lethality screen and safety plan with all victims at intake or on crisis call
* Greets persons coming to YWCA, answers questions about programs, and gives directions when requested; maintains complete familiarity with all programs, services and schedules of the YWCA
* Maintains security of client entrance of building, monitors security system
* Handles crisis line and documents calls
* Assists with intakes
* Answers residential phone lines and takes accurate messages as necessary
* Distributes client mail
* Assists residents with minor problems and emergencies; keeps daily log of events as they occur.
* Serves as a positive role model for clients
* Maintains custody of medication for all residents and ensures all medication taken is logged
* Record and log custodian as necessary
* Maintains open communication with case managers and other program staff to ensure important client information is shared as appropriate
* Reports any suspected child abuse immediately
* Maintains confidentiality
* Participates in regular staff meetings and trainings
* Performs other duties as assigned
Experience and Skills
Knowledge and Ability
Education and Experience
Physical/Mental Essential Requirements
Keywords: YWCA North Central Indiana, South Bend , Crisis Support Staff Saturday and Sunday 2-10pm, Other , South Bend, Indiana
here to apply!