Production Shift Supervisor
Company: H.B. Fuller
Location: South Bend
Posted on: May 16, 2020
H.B. Fuller is a leading global adhesives provider focusing on
perfecting adhesives, sealants and other specialty chemical
products to improve products and lives. Our commitment to
innovation brings together people, products and processes that
answer and solve some of the world's biggest challenges. And, our
promise to our people connects them with opportunities to innovate
H.B. Fuller s Engineering Adhesives segment develops adhesive
solutions for the automotive and aerospace, wood and composite,
electronics and energy, glass, durable assembly, and bus, truck,
rail and recreational vehicle industries. As these dynamic markets
continue to change, and consumers demand lighter, safer, greener
and more reliable products, we partner with our customers to
deliver highly engineered solutions.
South Bend, IN
Must be able to work rotation of 3 shifts
The Production Supervisor is located in the H.B. Fuller South Bend,
IN location (formerly Royal Adhesives) and is responsible for
managing daily shift operations and all direct staff in a union
environment. The supervisor ensures that production goals and
deadlines are met in accordance with established safety, quality,
and production standards, while promoting the achievement of plant
goals and objectives in the spirit of continuous improvement. This
position reports directly to the Plant Manager.
* Accomplishes manufacturing results by communicating job
expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results;
coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees.
* Maintains quality service by enforcing organization standards and
* Responsible for reporting production numbers, downtime, up-dating
work assignments, production schedules, and maintaining multiple
* Assists operators with daily production problems and issues.
* Collaborate with HR on the documentation of employee performance
including attendance, coaching and discipline as well as
recognition of exceptional performance.
* Maintains working relationship with the union by following the
terms of the collective bargaining agreement.
* Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and
directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment,
and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and
* Identify safety, health, and environmental concerns and provide
suggestions for improvement.
* Facilitate continuous improvement initiatives.
* Plays a key role in the Sales and Operations Planning
* Drive operations to improve on-time delivery to customers.
* Assist the Plant Manager in setting expectations.
* Effectively interact with support staff, department heads, and
* Bachelor s degree or a High School degree (or equivalent) with 4
or more year s supervisory experience in manufacturing, or a
combination of experience and education.
* Need to be flexible to work a rotation of all 3 shifts
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Enthusiastic, self-starter, organized, and service-minded. Able
to cope with a wide range of situations.
* Knowledge of manufacturing methods and procedures with
understanding of production controls and supply management.
* Proficiency in computer transactions, data capture, analysis and
* Demonstrate attention-to-detail, troubleshooting and problem
* Must have experience working in a Union environment.
* Must be able to work all shifts and overtime.
* Experience with PSM standards highly preferred
Employees are eligible for full benefits, including medical,
dental, insurance, 401k contribution, paid time off and paid
holidays. All employees also qualify for an annual cash bonus,
based on business performance. Annual raises are rewarded based on
company and individual performance.
To all recruitment agencies: H.B. Fuller does not accept agency
resumes unless directly engaged by Human Resources. Please do not
forward any resumes to Human Resources or any employees. H.B.
Fuller is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited
For more information and to apply, go to:
H.B. Fuller is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, veteran or disability status.
Keywords: H.B. Fuller, South Bend , Production Shift Supervisor, Professions , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!