Senior MBD Engineer
Company: Carrier Global Corporation
Posted on: February 22, 2021
In response to the new business conditions resulting from the
COVID-19 crisis, we have reduced our hiring activities to staff
only critical open roles by conducting interviews by phone and
video conference, where face-to-face interviewing is not available.
Start dates and onboarding for new hires may be adjusted during
this time. The health, safety and well-being of our employees and
candidates is of the utmost importance, and we are taking steps to
ensure everyone's safety. Thank you for your patience. Senior MBD
Engineer Apply Now Business Unit Carrier Job ID 30032331 Date
posted 01/29/2021 City Syracuse State New York Country United
States Date Posted: 2021-01-28-08:00Country: United States of
AmericaLocation: CAN01: Carrier-Syracuse, NY 6304 Thompson Rd,
Syracuse, NY, 13221 USAGENERAL RESPONSIBILITIES: Carrier is the
world's leader in high-technology heating, air-conditioning and
refrigeration solutions. The MBD dynamic modeling Engineer will
work with global, cross disciplinary teams to apply model-based
design and verification tools and methods to support product
development of next generation solutions for a full range of HVAC/R
equipment and systems for residential and light-commercial
applications. In this role, the candidate will work alongside
technology, product development and manufacturing/quality engineers
to ensure successful product design and production release.KEY
RESPONSIBILITIES:Each day, the engineering team is working to meet
some of the most unique and exciting global challenges. In order to
maintain our role as a global leader, we continue to seek talented,
ambitious individuals to join engineering. If you thrive in a
fast-paced environment and are looking for an opportunity to apply
your technical expertise, then we have a great opportunity for you.
We are seeking an innovative, data driven, results-oriented team
member to contribute to our continued legacy of innovation and
success. The candidate will have responsibility for the following
in addition to adhoc assignments as needed.
- Partner with product development, component suppliers and
corporate technology & methods groups to understand and translate
design and performance requirements into component, sub-system and
system thermal system models (both steady-state and dynamic) to
characterize and optimize system thermal performance and
- Apply and improve physics-based thermo-fluid steady-state and
dynamic models of HVAC&R components and systems.
- Perform steady-state and dynamic model planning,
implementation, calibration, validation, and physics-based analysis
of system behaviors in support of product development, product
rating, and new technology evaluations.
- Provide expertise in heat transfer, thermodynamics and thermal
management system analysis in the diagnosis and improvement of
modeling accuracy and capability.
- Manage the product engineering modeling environment including
standardization and continuous improvement of modeling tools, model
parameter inputs, modeling processes, and MBD deployment and
- Provide expertise in business unit specific product and process
in working with corporate modeling development and support groups
to resolve modeling issues and to identify, prioritize, and direct
- Provide first-level help response to business unit engineers to
modeling issues, application questions, and MBD training requests.
Facilitate and conduct user training and MBD certifications.
- Appy MBD expertise to product development project MBD planning
and governance throughout project cycles and to evaluation and
improvement of MBD effectiveness metrics.
- --Coach, review, and delegate MBD work to lower level
professionals.LEVEL OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Complete discrete MBD tasks to meet design and project
- Design thermodynamic system or sub systems with minimal
- Apply expert knowledge of mechanical and systems
- May manage moderately sized projects or processes.
- Perform as subject-matter expert within MBD (thermal system
- Making moderate to significant improvements of processes,
systems or products to enhance performance of MBD workflows.
- Strong participation in thermal system modeling innovation and
- Trains and influences others regarding policies, practices and
procedures. TYPICAL EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS: Master's degree in
Mechanical/Aerospace Engineering with 5+ years of applicable
experience, or a PhD degree (preferred) in Mechanical/Aerospace
Engineering with 1-3 years relevant experience.KEY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Heat transfer and two-phase flow expertise and thermodynamic
cycle analytical skills.
- Experience with vapor-compression refrigeration systems
includingrelated components: heat exchangerscompressionair
management, and control technologies.
- Understands the fundamentals of heat transfer, fluid dynamics,
- Understands systems & controls engineering fundamentals
- Experience modeling and optimization of thermo-fluid systems
and components to improve performance and cost.
- Expertise in model development software tools like
Modelica/Dymola (or equivalent 1D Transient Analysis Codes) is a
- Prior or current experience with internal Carrier HVACR system
modeling tools and product development process is preferred
- Expertise in Matlab/Simulink, VBA or C++, and Python, EES
- Experience in thermo-fluid system control development, system
identification, and model validation
- Experience with design optimization & numerical computation
- Design of experiments and data analysis technique
- Good communication skills and team working experience
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing with diverse
audiences including cross functional team members, senior leaders,
global suppliers, and external customers including service managers
- Self-starter with ability to learn quickly
- Organized with strong attention to detail Carrier is An Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally
protected class. Job Applicant's Privacy Notice: Click on this link
to read the Job Applicant's Privacy Notice Apply Now Get the latest
career opportunities as soon as they become available.
Keywords: Carrier Global Corporation, South Bend , Senior MBD Engineer, Professions , Syracuse, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!