Site Procurement Lead, Syracuse
Company: Bristol-Myers Squibb
Posted on: February 22, 2021
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision -
transforming patients' lives through science.--In oncology,
hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease - and one of the
most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry - each of our
passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive
meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we
pioneer. Join us and make a difference. Description BMS is seeking
a Procurement Lead located at the Syracuse manufacturing facility
based in USA. Reporting to the Sr. Director - Procurement for
Internal Manufacturing Operations, the Site Procurement Lead will
lead a team responsible for BMS Mfg. site and regional sourcing
efforts for all Direct Raw Materials, Devices, Components &
Indirect Products and Services; MRO, Lab Supplies, Facilities and
Capital Engineering & Equipment related activities. This position
will maintain strong alignment to the manufacturing network
strategy and initiatives, support the business with close
partnership with the site management team, and engage closely with
any appropriate sister sites within the GPS network to ensure best
value for individual site and network. The Site Procurement Lead
must display excellent communication skills to all internal
stakeholders, senior leadership and suppliers. Key responsibilities
- Maintain continuity of current Good Manufacturing Procedures
(cGMP) Direct material supply for manufacturing operations at the
Syracuse facility by managing suppliers and engaging directly with
site stakeholders as well as global teams.
- Recruit, manage, and develop a team of procurement operations
personnel and create a strategic vision to achieve best-in-class
procurement site objectives for supply and services.
- Achieve and exceed metrics including value beyond savings,
purchase price variance (PPV), receipt to promise (RTP), inventory,
and invoicing compliance.
- Lead Syracuse and Region-based efforts for standardization of
raw materials and consumables and drive delivery of cost savings
including alternate/secondary sourcing of materials for cost
savings/avoidance for all categories category.
- Lead Supplier Relationship Management programs as requested and
aligned with Category Leads.
- Lead Regional sub-category strategy development and execution
in conjunction with relevant category lead.
- Engage closely with capital procurement team and lead specific
engineering projects as appropriate.
- Provide leadership and guidance to department personnel
executing sourcing events.
- Lead annual budget process for the site operations, working
closely with category leaders, site finance, site supply chain,
general management and GP finance with "right first time"
- Support cGMP or Finance audit activities, as required, and in
alignment with site quality and finance operations. Escalate
supply-related audit requests as required.
- Identifies local suppliers, best practices and ensure local
perspective inclusion in larger global initiative.
- Ensures alignment with globally set policies and overlapping
flow-charts for all standard operating procedures (SOPs).
- Develops effective relationships with key suppliers in a way
that builds mutual respect, trust and drives performance in a
manner consistent with the BMS pledge.
- Works with department heads to identify new opportunities and
involves Procurement for overall strategy alignment and seeks ways
to improve overall service performance.
- Provide Supplier Diversity vision and strategic direction for
the site, leads Diversity initiatives& publishes diversity metrics
and measures performance
- Incumbent is expected to perform with minimal supervision.
Weekly/monthly status reports are provided to the Sr. Director,
Strategic Sourcing & Procurement - Internal Manufacturing
- Daily contacts with General Managers, Materials Directors, Site
Department Heads, Central Sourcing and Suppliers
- Frequent contact with Global Procurement Category Leaders and
Supplier Diversity Leaders
- Contact with Site/HQ Finance as required Essential experience
- Prior cGMP experience in biopharmaceuticals, pharmaceuticals,
and/or medical device industry is highly preferred.
- Knowledge and proficiency with SAP and/or other ERP system is
- Relevant industry certifications are preferred
- Possess exceptional communication skills and be able to
communicate to multiple levels within company.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work
cross-functionally as critical member of site team.
- Must have a strong customer service orientation with excellent
analytic, interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
- Must have a proactive, creative and analytic approach to
continuous improvement in delivering procurement services and
identifying new opportunities.
- Demonstrated high degree of independence, requiring minimal
supervision from senior management.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Science or Industrial
- Ten (10) years of experience in purchasing/materials management
or in positions directly related to the procurement needs of the
site customer base (i.e., sales and marketing, research, finance
support groups, engineering, manufacturing, etc.)
- Strong customer service orientation with excellent analytic,
interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills in order to
successfully establish the new role of procurement within the
organization and to meet the procurement needs of the
- Proactive, creative and analytic approach to continuous
improvement in delivering procurement services and identifying new
- Strong negotiation skills using sound sourcing principles and a
- Strong understanding of category specific business operational
processes, procedures, workflows.
- Able to work with people in diversified environments (cultures,
functions, unique reporting relationships).
- Communicates effectively within a matrix organization.
- Require leadership & governance from a procurement process
point of view.
- Effective selling ideas, services and solutions to others at
different organizational levels and functions and communicates
effectively within a matrix organization.
- Understanding on the methodology, process and guidelines for
conducting and implementing an efficient/effective indirect
- Understanding of systems and their implications to the
operation and strategic impact on the business.
- Proven & effective process diagnostic techniques (brown paper,
fish-bone analysis) and formal communication experience.
- Willing to travel within and outside the USA on a very limited
basis for staff meetings and presentations Why should you apply?
- You will help patients in their fight against serious diseases
and be part of the overall supply chain from the smallest component
manufacturer to the largest distributor of finished good - all
driven towards a singular focus; speed of medicine to the
- You will--be part of--a company that encourages excellence and
innovation, respects diversity, develops leaders and values its
employees. Around the world, we are passionate about making an
impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to
apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an
inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation,
urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the
highest potential of each of our colleagues. Bristol Myers Squibb
recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work
environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits,
services and programs that provide our employees with the resources
to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives. W
e're creatinginnovative medicines for patients fighting serious
diseases. We're also nurturing our own diverse team with inspiring
work and challenging career options. No matter the role, each one
of us makes a contribution. And that makes all the difference.
Keywords: Bristol-Myers Squibb, South Bend , Site Procurement Lead, Syracuse, Professions , Syracuse, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!