Company: Apex Systems
Location: South Bend
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Installation Technician Apex Systems is looking for a qualified
individual to fill an opening for an immediate opening for an
Installation Technician. Please see the job description below for
details of the role. If you are interested in hearing more, send a
copy of your resume to Minimum Job Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current valid State Driver's License.
- Reliable form of transportation
- Must own reliable transportation, basic hand tools
(screwdrivers, pliers, wire cutters and a drill), and 6-8 foot
- Ability to work on a Tuesday - Saturday schedule Duties and
- Follows all safety and pre-install requirements
- Brings all necessary tools, equipment, and supplies to a
central location within the client's building or place
- Drills and cuts holes for building sensors, controls, and all
other peripheral devices as directed.
- Sets up boxes of wire at each sensor, control, and peripheral
- Pulls wires in attic or crawl spaces to the main CPU, punch
block, installation, splice, and tag point or interconnect
- Install conduit, flexible conduit and/or wire moldings as well
electrical boxes and fittings as needed.
- Punch down all equipment devices and neatly dress all wires as
needed, such as zip tying.
- Ensures client home/business is clean and free of any
- Assist or perform system programming, thorough test of the
alarm system, and customer training in the use of all system
- Follows proper schematic wiring diagrams and hook-up
procedures. Tests operation of system to the signal-receiving
center to properly establish service. Reads building, electrical
and sprinkler blueprints as required.
- Coordinates installations with police/fire departments and
handles necessary records for notification of emergency calls.
- Required to sit or stand in different positions for long
- Will climb and stand on ladders for long periods.
- Operate power tools such as electrical drills, and hand tools
such as a screwdriver.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Frequently crawl, kneel, crouch, or lay down in tight spaces
- Will be reimbursed $0.26/ mile up to 600 miles a week
- Long term career opportunity
- Eligible for cell phone reimbursement EEO EmployerApex Systems
is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow
discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex
(including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical
conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered
domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a
crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation,
union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in
a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you
have visited our website in search of information on employment
opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an
accommodation in using our website for a search or application,
please contact our Employee Services Department at
Keywords: Apex Systems, South Bend , Installation Technician, Professions , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!