Maintenance Technician II
Posted on: November 22, 2021
- Perform start up procedures and troubleshoot electrical and
mechanical equipment diagnosing a wide variety of
electrical/mechanical equipment issues, dismantle machines and
perform repairs, reassemble and adjust for safe and proper
- Install new machinery and equipment removing old when changes
- Repair, maintain and install HVAC systems making related
- Routinely perform welding and fabrication activities (MIG, ARC,
- Troubleshoot, repair and maintain overhead doors, including
operator, door panel and spring repairs/replacements.
- Installs, modifies and repairs air lines throughout
- Perform carpentry duties.
- Perform minor electrical repairs.
- Paint structures & repair woodwork, drywall and plaster.
- Repair plumbing fixtures.
- May perform grounds duties including grading and snow
removal.Experience / Knowledge
- Demonstrates advanced working knowledge of mechanical and
facilities repair and maintenance.
- Requires 5-7 years related work experience and knowledge
equivalent to a 2 year technical college education.Necessary Skills
- Demonstrates analytical problem-solving skills while using good
judgement and decision making processes.
- Critical thinking ability, problem solving sensitivity and
inductive reasoning skills are needed.
- Must be able to read and work from prints/drawings.
- Requires ability to define problems, collect data, establish
facts and draw valid conclusions along with ability to interpret
- Strong communication and collaboration skills are required with
demonstrated ability to communicate technical information.
- Requires ability to work in fast paced environment with a wide
variety of hand and power tools.
- Must display professionalism in all interactions and the
ability to maintain a positive attitude through periods of
adversity and disagreement.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize
multiple projects efficiently.
- Must demonstrate self-motivation and trustworthiness to work
efficiently without direct supervision.
- Must comply with all safety policies, practices and
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, and stoop, kneel, or
crouch; use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or
controls; and reach with hands and arms. Must be able to frequently
lift and move up to 50 pounds.
- This position is a full-time position, which may require some
flexibility in hours & days worked (including Saturdays, as
- A valid driver's license is required.
- Regular attendance is required.Management reserves the right to
assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any
time.Jayco offers a generous benefit package including:
- (2) medical insurance plan options, HSAs and FSAs,
- dental insurance,
- vision insurance,
- disability and life insurance,
- 401k plan with a company matching contribution of .50 on the
dollar (up to 6%).Wellness benefits, fitness center access, health
clinic for employee use and Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Keywords: Jayco, South Bend , Maintenance Technician II, Professions , Middlebury, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!