Local Route Driver
Company: Gordon Food Service
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more.
Welcome to Gordon Food Service! We are excited that you are
thinking about opportunities with us, and we have an amazing story
to share. See below for a quick glance of who we are and the impact
you could have on the food service industry. There's a seat at our
table for you...
Local Route Drivers Average $70,000-$90,000 Annually!
Hours: 3 AM to 5 AM - Finish
What's Different About GFS?
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Employer Matched 401K on Day 1
- Tuition Reimbursement for you AND your family
- 10% Employee Discount at our GFS Stores
- And more!
Presents a positive image to Gordon Food Service (GFS) customers
through courteous, on-time, and accurate deliveries of GFS
products. Our CDL-A Drivers serve as liaison between GFS management
and customers. Communicates all customer issues and concerns.
You're home daily - here's what you'd be doing each day:
- Enjoy an established route, building great customer
- Deliver groceries to each customer site - likely 12-14 drops
- Get a workout with loads of up to 350 lbs on a
- Connect with the customer to be sure their needs are
- Use state of the industry tools to track your deliveries and
- Ensures safe, accurate, timely, and efficient deliveries of GFS
- Build and maintain good customer relationships. Demonstrates
- Accurately collects customer payments. Safeguards company funds
and follows GFS banking policies.
- Performs all Sales Service functions by the 90th day of
- Perform proper equipment maintenance, monitor reefer
temperature, and reports mechanical issues and damages in timely
- Complete daily check-ins in a timely manner with no
- Collaborates with management and sales representatives to
communicate customer concerns.
- Perform daily pre/post trip inspection of vehicles and
- Develop and maintain a good working relationship with other GFS
- Performs other duties as assigned.
We'll teach you a lot, but we do have a few minimum
- At least 21 years of age
- Ready for technology - handheld scanners, basic computer
- Successfully passing a drug test that will assess drug usage
(including marijuana) and a background check
- CDL Class A required
- Clean driving record; as required by DOT and Gordon Food
- High school diploma or GED equivalent (preferred)
BE PART OF AN AMAZING CULTURE WHERE WHAT MATTERS TO YOU, MATTERS TO
Gordon Food Service values our customers and understands that their
success is largely dependent upon their workforce. To demonstrate
our commitment to our partnership, we will require any candidate
who works for a Gordon Food Service customer to provide a letter of
support from their management if they are selected for the
Gordon Food Service is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants and employees will receive consideration
for employment, or in terms or conditions of employment, without
regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or
status as a qualified individual with disability. The EEO is the
Law poster is available here:
If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the
application or hiring process due to a disability, please submit
your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the words "Accommodation
Request" in your subject line. Please keep in mind this method is
reserved for individuals who require accommodation due to a
All Gordon Food Service locations are tobacco-free. Gordon Food
Service is a drug-free workplace and drug tests all employees.
Call (844) 312-0848 to learn more or Apply Below
Keywords: Gordon Food Service, South Bend , Local Route Driver, Professions , Niles, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!