Company: Precoat Metals
Location: La Porte
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Job DescriptionCompany Description
Since 1961, Precoat Metals (www.precoat.com) has been setting the
standards in the coil coatings industry worldwide. We are able to
achieve a "culture of excellence" thru the hard work and talent of
the people on our team.Job Description
Looking for the next step in your manufacturing career? Want to
work somewhere where your contributions are valued & recognized?
Well, we are looking for our next great Production Supervisor.
Using your strong leadership & communication skills, you will
supervise & coordinate day to day activities of production workers
on a shift. You will be responsible for safety, quality,
production, shipping & receiving, and maintenance on an assigned
shift. Some of your responsibilities will include the
- Inspects products to verify conformance to specifications and
directs setup and adjustments of machines.
- Studies production schedules and estimates worker hour
requirements for completion of job assignment.
- Enforces company policies, rules, safety and environmental
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production
- Recommends measures to improve production methods, equipment
performance, and quality of product.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to
increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in
solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work
- Maintains time and production records.
- Estimates, requisitions, and inspects materials.
- Confers with other management to coordinate production
activities with other departments.
- Responsible for documenting shift incidents and accidents using
the appropriate plant or corporate form.
- Responsible for ensuring the employees on the shift are wearing
- PPE and following safety rules.
- Verifies that Satellite Accumulation and RCRA requirements are
being followed by coater operators.Qualifications
As the selected candidate, you will have the following experience:
- 3 to 5 years in a plant environment.
- HS Diploma or equivalent required. College degree a plus.
- Process control experience a plus.
- Steel, slitting, coil coating, and other steel related
experience strongly preferred
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Ability to train, motivate, and direct production
- Ability to work long and irregular hours in response to
customer demands and production problems.
- Willing and able to work a night shift position
- Excellent communication & leadership abilities
#ZR#INDHPWe are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Precoat Metals is a
Drug Free Workplace
Keywords: Precoat Metals, South Bend , Production Supervisor, Professions , La Porte, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!