Site Manager Assistant - Girl Scout Camp-Syracuse, IN
Company: Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Under the general direction of the Site Manager, the Site Manager
Assistant provides general maintenance and custodial services in
accordance with the council's policies and standards. This position
may cover for the Site Manager, as needed, during the Site Managers
absence. -Essential Duties:
- Under the direction of the Site Manager, helps provide a
comprehensive maintenance program for council properties and
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs and/or improvements at
- Maintain council buildings and grounds, which includes some
custodial care, lawn mowing and snow removal.
- Maintain assigned equipment and supplies in a neat, orderly and
- Monitors user groups and provides for their safety and security
- Enforces all policies, procedures, and regulations including
those of GSNI-M, ACA, county, state, and federal governments.
- Assists in the support of programs for members and outside
- Other duties as assigned to meet the council's goals.Education:
- High School diploma or equivalent.Knowledge and Experience: -
- Experience in general maintenance, facility improvements,
equipment, including farm equipment and grounds;
- Experience in property management and working with volunteers
is desirable; Excellent judgment, with the ability to work
independently and manage multiple projects and deadlines;Essential
- Maintenance skills including the operation of power equipment,
basic plumbing, electrical and carpentry skills and knowledge of
- Valid driver's license, with good driving record and ability to
drive tractor and truck with trailer attached.
- Basic computer skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed, including weekends
and evenings.Physical/Mental Essential Requirements: -
- Walking, standing, bending, stooping, reaching, moderate
lifting and carrying (up to sixty (60) pounds). -
- Full range of body motion including manual and finger dexterity
and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing to normal range.
- Ability to perform physical labor, sometimes for extended
periods of time. -
- Occasional need to stand for long periods of time. -
- Ability to focus on detail and accuracy of work product. -
- Work is performed primarily outdoors. - Ability to work
outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Willingness to travel to various work and meeting locations to
assist with maintenance activities.
- Insurable under the Council's policy for driving and proof of
personal vehicle insurance.
- Dependable transportation is a must.
- Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Occasional high stress may be experienced in dealing with staff
- A commitment and passion for the Girl Scout Mission and an
ability to effectively promote and communicate the Mission and
Vision to external and internal stakeholders.
- All applicants for employment at GSNI-M are required to be
fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to commencing employment.
Applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment will be
required to produce proof of vaccination status prior to their
first day of employment. -
- Willingness to become of member of GSUSAEqual Opportunity
Employer Committed to Diversity
Keywords: Girl Scouts of Northern Indiana-Michiana, South Bend , Site Manager Assistant - Girl Scout Camp-Syracuse, IN, Professions , Warsaw, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!