Location: South Bend
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Make Lives Better Including Your Own. -If you want to work in an
environment where you can become your best possible self, join us!
- You'll earn more than a paycheck; you can find opportunities to
grow your career through professional development, as well as
ongoing programs catered to your overall health and wellness. -
-Full suite of health insurance, life insurance and retirement
plans are available and vary by employment status. - Additional
benefits offered include, but are not limited to:
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Pet Insurance
- Adoption Reimbursement Benefits
- Variety of Associate Discounts
This is an incentive based position, which may include bonuses,
incentive or commission plans. -Veterans, transitioning active duty
military personnel, and military spouses are encouraged to apply.
-Please note, Brookdale is committed to complying with all
applicable laws and regulations regarding mandatory COVID-19
Responsible for the maintenance and repair of the buildings and
grounds to maintain proper care of the assigned community(s) in
accordance with current federal, state, and local
standards/regulations and company policies.
- Directs the community maintenance, housekeeping and laundry (if
applicable) staff, to include hiring, training, evaluating
performance, resolving disciplinary issues and firing.
- Directs the maintenance and upkeep of the buildings and grounds
through maintenance staff. Inspects completed work for conformance
to standards and policies.
- Implements preventative maintenance programs. Coordinates
compliance with local, state and federal building codes, SDS, OSHA,
EPA regulations, and fire codes.
- Coordinates engineering contractors and vendors, making sure
insurance and licenses are current.
- Conducts regular inspections of life safety systems, including
fire extinguishers and sprinkler systems.
- Coordinates annual apartment maintenance schedule and
completion. Oversees necessary repairs and maintenance in
apartments and common areas including refurbishment for
- Ensures the outside of the property is maintained, including
landscaping, snow removal, and garbage/trash removal.
- Prepares and follows approved budget. Tracks utility
consumption and expense files.
- Maintains inventory control for all general supplies, parts and
equipment for necessary repairs and maintenance. Maintains all
required engineering files.
- Assesses all plumbing and electrical problems within the
community and determines the best course of action to correct the
problem. Works within the legal scope of local and state
- Reviews safety data sheets (SDS) as requested for potential
exposure to hazardous chemicals used and take necessary
- Assess property damage and file property damage claims in
accordance with company policy.
- Responds appropriately to resident or community emergencies by
assisting as needed.
- Maintains office, shops and mechanical areas within company
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and ExperienceAssociate's Degree or equivalent from a two
year college or technical school and a minimum of three to five
years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination
of education and experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special RequirementsValid State
Driver's License required for vehicle travel, as needed.
Management/Decision MakingApplies existing guidelines and
procedures to make varied decisions within a department. Uses sound
judgment and experience to solve moderately complex problems based
on precedent, example, reasonableness or a combination of
Knowledge and SkillsPossesses extensive knowledge of a distinct
skill or function and a thorough understanding of the organization
and work environment. Has working knowledge of a functional
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Ability to lift: - up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from
- Requires Travel: - Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Salary Range Information$52,500 - $66,880 / year
Keywords: Brookdale, South Bend , Maintenance Director, Professions , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!