Company: Pic Group, Inc
Posted on: January 27, 2023
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. -We recruit
the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a
global service provider, we continually seek talented
Title: - - - - - - - - - - - -Operations & Maintenance (O&M)
Position Type: - - - - - - - - -Direct Hire
Location: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Niles, Michigan
Reports to: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Control Room Operator
Status: - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Non-Exempt
The Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Technician assists in the
proper start-up, operation, and shutdown of the gas turbine, steam
turbine generator, HRSG, water treatment, high voltage electrical
equipment, and balance of plant equipment from outside the control
room. - During the work shift, the Operations & Maintenance
(O&M) Technician also tours designated areas in the plant to
inspect equipment and record operating parameters. The Operations &
Maintenance (O&M) Technician also performs routine preventative
maintenance and periodically works under the direction of the
maintenance technicians to support corrective maintenance
activities. The Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Technician
reports to and supports the Control Room Operator for PIC Group,
Inc. and will provide recommendations and input to the staff in the
operation of all plant water systems and setting performance goals
for the generation facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform safe and efficient operation of the boiler, gas & steam
turbine generators, related auxiliaries, and balance of plant
systems from outside the control room.
- Perform start-up, operation, and shutdown of plant equipment
and systems in accordance with approved plant procedures and as
directed by the Control Room Operator. Respond to abnormal
situations from outside the control room
- Monitor and record local operating parameters and make
adjustments to maintain safe and efficient operation. Provide
periodic reports to the Control Room Operator regarding plant
- Upon detecting faulty equipment operation, report the situation
to the Control Room Operator and assist in diagnosing the cause. As
directed, take proper action to restore the equipment and plant to
a safe condition.
- Monitor plant air and water emissions equipment from outside
the control room and take steps to maintain within acceptable
limits. Immediately notify Control Room Operator of abnormal
- Obtain water sampling from plant sources and perform basic
water chemistry analysis such as pH, conductivity, and other
constituents related to the monitoring requirements of the
facility. Observe basic laboratory safety and chemical handling
techniques to ensure safety.
- Observe, report, troubleshoot, and correct situations that are
likely to develop into operational problems or safety
- Safely handle hazardous chemicals and execute chemical transfer
operations. Report and respond to chemical spills and leaks in
accordance with plant emergency response plans.
- Monitor and operate electrical circuit breakers and switches as
directed by the Control Room Operator for safe and efficient
operation of the plant. - This includes opening, locking, and
tagging for isolation and maintenance.
- Obtain thorough turnover from O&M Technician being
relieved, including special orders and unusual operating
conditions. Review operating logs and inspect plant equipment,
controls, and indications in accordance with plant lockout/tagout
- As directed by the Control Room Operator, perform periodic
reliability tests on critical plant systems and equipment including
lube oil pumps, turbine valves, turbine system trips, and boiler
- Test and operate plant fire and chemical safety equipment as
- Perform periodic preventative maintenance on plant equipment.
Support plant maintenance technicians as necessary to complete
corrective maintenance activities.
- Maintain work area in a clean, orderly condition. Perform
housekeeping activities in the plant on a routine basis to ensure
cleanliness, including building areas.
- Periodically supervise vendors conducting work on the plant
site and report status of activities to the Control Room
- Participate in, and sometime lead, scheduled safety meetings
- Perform minor maintenance as directed during scheduled and
unscheduled maintenance periods.
- Maintain a valid Driver's License and obtain certification on
plant mobile equipment. Safely operate vehicles and diligently
observe safe work practices when operating vehicles and mobile
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Control Room
The successful candidate should be able to read and understand
corporate programs, policies, procedures, and instructions specific
to the O&M Agreement. - Qualifications must include the
- Thorough knowledge of equipment isolation and tagging
- Thorough knowledge of the location, purpose, and proper use of
the plant safety equipment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills to identify, analyze, and
- Excellent communication, leadership, motivational and teamwork
- Solid organizational and administrative skills.
- Willing and available for emergency call-in work outside of
normal working hours as conditions dictate.
- Working in varied outdoor environments such as all-weather
conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full
range of outdoor work surfaces.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e., hard hats,
safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot
gloves, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be
required. Work with hazardous materials may also be
- Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper
training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock
and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be
required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time,
crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders
and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up
- 100 lbs. of pulling or turning force and lifting and carrying
up to 50 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches,
pushbuttons, and other controls.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust and focus.
- All candidates will participate in the post-offer physical
examination and drug screening and post- employment random drug
Education / Experience:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Experience in boiler start-up, operation, and shutdown from
outside the control room.
- Experience in gas & steam turbine generator start-up,
operation, and shutdown from outside the control room.
- Experience in Balance of Plant systems start-up, operation, and
shutdown from outside the control room.
- Experience responding to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and
- Experience responding to plant abnormal situations, alarms, and
- Experience aligning, switching, isolating, and paralleling
electrical equipment and systems under the direction of the Control
- Experience using basic hand tools and performing basic plant
- Experience reading, interpreting, and using plant Process &
Instrument Diagrams during daily routines.
PIC Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. -We offer
competitive wages and benefits. - We seek out and employ talented
individuals who meet the qualifications for each position. Due to
the large number of responses we receive to our postings, only
those applicants with the required experience and qualifications
will be contacted.
Keywords: Pic Group, Inc, South Bend , O&M Technician, Professions , Niles, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!