Company: PIC Group Inc.
Posted on: March 18, 2023
At PIC Group, Inc., our emphasis is on excellence. We recruit
the strongest candidates in the power generation industry. As a
global service provider, we continually seek talented
Title: Plant Manager
Position Type: Direct Hire
Location: Niles, MI
Reports to: Director of O&M Services
The Plant Manager is responsible for the safe, efficient,
cost-effective management and operations of the 1050 MW natural gas
combined cycle plant in Niles, Michigan. Reporting to the Director
of Operations & Maintenance (O&M) Services, the Plant Manager
will provide leadership to plant staff in operations, maintenance,
business, engineering, and environmental functions while ensuring
conformance with all facility contracts, permits, and safety
regulations. The Plant Manager will ensure compliance with federal,
state, and local laws and will serve as the primary interface
between these agencies as well as being the main interface to the
owner's representative for the generation facility. The Plant
Manager coordinates activities among and between corporate
personnel and plant personnel on matters pertaining to O&M
activities, plant improvement projects, contract obligations, plant
owner requests, and third-party activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide leadership and management oversight to all team members
of the facility.
- Ensures safe, efficient, cost effective, and environmentally
appropriate operation of the facility according to all facility
contracts, environmental permits, regulatory permits, power
purchase agreements, and plant and corporate policies.
- Prepares, approves, and administers all plant budgets and
manages the budget process from start to end to ensure high quality
and timely submittal of the budget to the facility owner.
- Analyzes and critiques plant performance and ensures each
project is performed in the most safe, efficient, timely, and
cost-effective method and analyze each project for
- Serves as the central point of contact for regulatory agencies
and corporate affairs.
- Coordinates regular and periodic plant audits of all
disciplines to ensure that proper regulatory plans are in place and
updated as needed.
- Track governing authorities, and local regulatory developments
and alert corporate Environmental Health and Safety as needed for
information and to give/receive guidance.
- Administers facility contracts on behalf of owners.
- Develop, implement, and review the plant's various operational
- Develops and/or enforces plant policies, plans, procedures, and
- Responds to plant emergencies in accordance with the Emergency
- Responds to plant security breaches in accordance with the
- Lead in identifying and implementing plant and/or profit
- Review, interpret, approve the negotiation, and implementation
contracts such as labor, vendor, electrical interconnect
agreements, gas supply agreements, and power purchase
- Interface with plant owner to improve communications and
optimize operational and financial performance of the asset.
- Represents the company to review and take action to meet
- Advises company management on adverse situations as they
- Advises company management of any new developments that may
affect profit, schedule, costs, customer relations, public
relations, and/or inter-departmental relations.
- Oversees the development of plans to perform maintenance
outages and ensure plans meet the objectives for the equipment as
it relates to prudent industry practices, budgets, and
- Analyze project particulars and determine resource allocation
of current/future capital, personnel, and/or need to acquire
sub-contractors for project execution.
- Encourages the plant staff and corporate personnel to
periodically assess the existing plant administrative, operations,
maintenance, and compliance programs to ensure best practices are
bring incorporated and that the facility is performing at a level
that is considered best in class.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and ensure safety,
quality, and schedule adherence.
- Ability to take direction, identify problems, develop
solutions, conduct analysis independently and in collaboration with
others as well as work in difficult customer situations.
- Available for 24-hour on-call and extended hours as required to
meet customer or plant needs.
- Outstanding communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of commitment to the
- Ability to share technical expertise with team members and the
- Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and direct the safe
operation and maintenance activities of multiple complex
- Must be able to read and understand corporate programs,
policies, procedures, and instructions specific to the O&M
- Must have proficient computer skills and a proficiency with
Microsoft suite of program including Word, Excel, Project, Visio,
- Experience in O&M contract management, employee performance
management and oversight
- Experience with NERC regulations and cyber security
- Working in varied outdoor environments such as all-weather
conditions, all noise levels, hazardous conditions, and on the full
range of outdoor work surfaces.
- The frequent use of protective equipment (i.e., hard hats,
safety glasses, air masks, ear protection, chemical suits, hot
gloves, and high voltage protective equipment, etc.) may be
required. Work with hazardous materials may also be required.
- Working in proximity to high voltages and current with proper
training and equipment, operating heavy equipment and rolling stock
and entering confined spaces or hazardous environments may be
required while often being exposed to equipment and machinery
- Duties require walking, standing for extended periods of time,
crawling, stooping, sitting, climbing vertical and inclined ladders
and stairs, operation of large valves and other tasks requiring up
to 100 lbs. of pulling or turning force, and lifting and carrying
up to 50 lbs. Exposure to extreme heat and cold.
- Eye and hand coordination are required to operate switches,
pushbuttons, and other controls.
- Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance
vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the
ability to adjust and focus.
Education / Experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or equivalent work experience
in the power industry required.
- 10+ years power generation experience with combined or simple
cycle power plant applications.
- 7+ years management experience in power plant operation.
- 3+ years as a Plant Manager required.
- Advanced Technology gas turbine experience is desired.PIC
Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer competitive
wages and benefits. We seek out and employ talented individuals who
meet the qualifications for each position. Due to the large number
of responses we receive to our postings, only those applicants with
the required experience and qualifications will be contacted.
Keywords: PIC Group Inc., South Bend , Plant Manager, Professions , Niles, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...