Maintenance Supervisor - LaPorte
Company: Alpha Baking
Location: La Porte
Posted on: May 25, 2023
360 N Fail Rd, La Porte, IN 46350KEY RESULT AREAS:
- The Supervisor oversees, guides and coordinates the Plant
Maintenance Program, including documented preventive maintenance
programs, and supports the plant safety goals (SQF, GMP's,
- The individual is responsible for overseeing, supervising and
evaluating preventive maintenance on given shift as well as
providing assistance or taking on sole responsibility of machine
troubleshooting and repairing problems.
- Performs repairs, services and maintains the plant and plant
equipment. Ensures that production runs at a maximum
efficiency.PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise plant maintenance personnel.
- Responsible for keeping machinery and support systems operating
at maximum efficiency.
- Follow, maintain and evaluate preventive maintenance (PM)
program and schedule.
- Administer "Red Tag" program to monitor adherence to food
safety goals through the maintenance, sanitation and quality
verification steps for all maintenance work performed in food
safety risk areas.
- Maintain a good working relationship with all other
- Train and cross-train mechanics in performing a wide range of
both, mechanical and electrical repairs on a range of
- Required to come in during off shifts if needed for breakdowns
and must be available to be contacted during off hours.
- Complete project jobs from preparing BOM list to completed job.
Ensure all mechanics, visitors, contractors, and all other
Employees on the assigned shift are following all Company and OSHA
rules relating to safety, GMPs, security, and PPE policies and
guidelines to keep the plant in compliance.
- Ensure all mechanics are following all EPA rules and
- Responsible for keeping the shop and all maintenance areas
clean and in good condition.
- Administer disciplinary action in accordance with Company
policy where needed.
- Responsible for isolating repetitive line problems, working
with the line leaders, Manager and Chief Engineer to come to a
- Notify the Plant, Chief Engineer and Managers in a timely
manner of all pertinent issues.
- Notify the Quality Assurance Manager of any potential food
- Responsible for scheduling work for all maintenance personnel
on the shift.
- Communicate and administer all Company policies and procedures
- Perform all other duties as assigned.OTHER DUTIES AND
--- Work extra hours or extra day if necessary.
--- Commit to a continuous improvement work team environment.SCOPE
--- Area of impact - PlantWORKING RELATIONSHIP:
--- Necessary to work as a team supporting and communicating
properly with the other members of the production line and
--- Position interfaces with all department management, leads and
machine operators to determine extent of maintenance
--- Assists contractors as needed.
--- Works closely with leaders and management
--- Supervises other mechanicsPHYSICAL DEMANDS:
--- Pushing, pulling, bending
--- Able to work on feet for the entire shift.
--- Perform tasks requiring standing, lifting, pulling, climbing of
machinery and/or tooling.
--- Work in high ambient temperatures.QUALIFICATIONS
--- High School Diploma or equivalentSkills
--- Electrical - better than average troubleshooting knowledge of 3
phase 480VAC, control circuits of 110VAC and 24DC, AB PLCs
--- Welding - able to weld with TIG and stick
--- Cutting - torch, band saw, grinder, plasma cutter.
--- Fabricating - able to fabricate simple guards, covers, catch
--- Drilling/ Milling - knowledge of use: power drills, dill press,
mill and lathe machines
--- MS Office - fluent in MS Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word.
--- Good communication and leadership skillsExperience
--- 3 years of experience in a manufacturing setting
--- 3 years of prior Supervisory experience
- Better than average knowledge of maintenance functions such as
electrical, electrical controls, PLCs, plumbing, conveyors,
motors/gearboxes, read schematics/blueprints
Keywords: Alpha Baking, South Bend , Maintenance Supervisor - LaPorte, Professions , La Porte, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...