Front Desk Agent
Company: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel
Location: South Bend
Posted on: November 19, 2021
The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel in the heart of downtown South
Bend is looking for a Front Desk Agent to join our team. While
working at the Front Desk, our agents displays the genuine warmth
and authentic approach that is the first impression our guests have
and sets the tone for their entire stay. They read cues, anticipate
our guests' needs, and look for ways to delight them. They enjoy
making wonderful memories for the family on vacation or the client
at a conference, tailoring their service to the unique needs of the
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer experience preferred.
- Hilton Onq System Experience preferredPhysical Requirements:
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work -Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift,
carry, push) pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.Mental requirements:
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses
of action quickly and accurately.
- Must routinely meet deadlines.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace,
including anticipating, preventing) identifying and solving
problems as necessary.
- Must be effective at listening to) understanding, and
clarifying the issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information
and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
- Must be able to multi task.Responsibilities:
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a
friendly, service-oriented manner.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming)
which include wearing the proper uniform and nametag when
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with AFP Management
standards, as required by scheduling which will vary according to
the needs of the hotel.
- Comply at all times with DoubleTree by Hilton standards and
regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Establish and maintain good communications and team work with
fellow employees and other departments within the hotel.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in
accordance with DoubleTree by Hilton Brand standards.
- Maintain proper operation of the PBX console and ensure that
all hotel standards are met.
- Answer guest inquiries about hotel services, facilities and
hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations
and follow the rate-quoting scenario.
- Be familiar with hospitality terminology.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of
the Front Desk computer system.DoubleTree by Hilton South Bend is
an equal opportunity employer and prohibit
discrimination/harassment without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
laws.Job Types: Full-time, Part-timePay: From $13.00 per
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insuranceSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- Weekend availabilityWork Location: One location
Keywords: DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel, South Bend , Front Desk Agent, Sales , South Bend, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!