Company: American Electric Power
Location: Rolling Prairie
Posted on: May 20, 2023
Job Description:This Position is for an Electrical Planner.
Responsible for planning tool pouch, minor maintenance, corrective,
recurring task, and surveillance work orders, to include the
identification and coordination of work order related activities,
supporting the department through - technical and administrative
assignments, and ensuring that the department implements and
complies with applicable Administrative and Regulatory
Essential Job Functions & Tasks:
- Prepares quality work instructions to repair, restore, perform
preventive maintenance, perform modifications, or conduct
surveillance activities to plant equipment based on technical
understanding and engineering principles, while upholding the
standards and expectations of the DC Cook Nuclear Generation
- Plan online, and outage work tasks on a daily basis using
company approved software and procedures.
- Review - completed planned orders and test procedures for:
documentation requirements, context and clarity.
- Provide technical support to craft personnel
- Provide data from completed maintenance work for input to
equipment history files and utilize this data to enhance work order
- Support and participate in the Emergency Plan Organization, -
and Corrective Action Program activities as assigned, and in
accordance with procedures and policies applicable for the assigned
- Perform duties that may involve work in hazardous areas and
possible radiation exposure within the limits prescribed by the
- Perform all other duties as assigned.#LI-HYBRID
#INDAEPRequirementsEducation requirements are listed below:
- Associate Degree in a physical science or engineering
discipline, or equivalent related technical training, or equivalent
education and/or experience.Work Experience requirement listed
- Similar Work Control Planning experience is desired, but not
- The candidate must be proficient in basic computer skills,
including word processing type programs and various data base
- The candidate must have a basic working knowledge of the
discipline for which the position is being sought, and hands-on
experience in the discipline is desired. -
- The candidate must complete the Cook Nuclear Plant Maintenance
Planner Training Program within one year, barring unforeseen
circumstances required to meet the needs of the businessAdditional
- Ability to read and understand drawings.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally.
- Must be available to work shift work (days and/or nights) as
required to support the needs of the business.
- Some travel may be required for benchmarking or other similar
- Ladder -and scaffolding use
- Confined space entry
- Radiation and contamination area entries
- High temperature area entry
- High noise area entry
Keywords: American Electric Power, South Bend , Electrical Planner, Professions , Rolling Prairie, Indiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...